top of page

ZayFlex Group

Public·20 members
Hunter Roberts
Hunter Roberts

I Love U 3000

Inspiration for the song came after Poetri held an Instagram Q&A with her followers. Poetri asked her followers to send her a phrase she could turn into a song, and many responded with the phrase "I Love You 3000." This was mainly due to the release of superhero film Avengers: Endgame a week earlier, which featured the viral line.[1] Poetri later came up with a chorus and released a sample on her Instagram story. The sample was met with much fanfare from her followers, leading her to create a full single.[2]

I Love U 3000

"I Love You 3000" became a viral hit worldwide and has been credited as Poetri's breakthrough track.[3] Since its release, the track had been streamed over 425 million times across various streaming platforms.[4] It also topped Spotify's Global Viral 50 chart for over 4 weeks, peaking at the #1 spot.[5] The track also led Poetri to her first major award at the 2019 Mnet Asian Music Awards, winning "Best New Asian Artist - Indonesia."[6]

A remix of the song, titled "I Love You 3000 II," featured Got7 member Jackson Wang. It was released on 88rising's compilation album, Head in the Clouds II, on October 11, 2019.[8] The song peaked at number one on the Billboard China Social Charts.[9]

One of most memorable lines of dialogue to come from "Avengers: Endgame" is from an exchange between Tony Stark (played by Robert Downey Jr.) and his daughter, Morgan. As she goes to bed, she tells her father, "I love you, 3,000." The line is reiterated later in the movie as part of one of the film's most emotional moments.

After the movie's release, "I love you, 3,000" has become ubiquitous among Marvel fans, with many sharing the line on social media as a way to thank both Marvel Studios and Robert Downey Jr. for more than a decade of movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

"The line went, 'I love you tons. I love you tons,'" said McFeely of the original version of the line in "Endgame." "And so, he says, 'I love you tons,' but his children say to him, 'I love you, 3,000.'"

Avengers: Endgame has a lot of memorable lines, but one that garnered a lot of traction online is the quote "I love you 3000," which apparently was inspired by Robert Downey Jr., say writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely. Culminating MCU's The Infinity Saga, the latest Marvel Studios flick also marked the end of some of its founding heroes' respective journeys, including Tony Stark/Iron Man. Downey, who kicked off the universe alongside director Jon Favreau in 2008's Iron Man, had played the character in 10 films, and each time, he brings his A-game, But his latest outing as the genius billionaire might just be his best.

Capping of Stark's long stint as a superhero in a poetic way, MCU's inaugural hero died a hero when he sacrificed his life in order to take down Thanos and ensure the future of the universe. But before his emotional demise that even included an all-star funeral, Endgame devoted a significant amount of time building up to his end. Jumping five years ahead, the film reveals him settling down with a family and a daughter, named Morgan - a direct pull from his and Pepper's conversation at the start of Avengers: Infinity War. The father and daughter have a couple of adorable moments in the movie, but one that stuck to fans is their final exchange. While tucking Morgan to sleep, Stark tells her, "I love you tons," to which his daughter replies, "I love you 3000."

When asked about the origin of the line during a conversation at the 92Y hosted by New York Times' reporter Dave Itzkoff which Business Insider attended, Markus and McFeely shared how that exchange came to be. Apparently, the script originally went "I love you tons. I love you tons." However, Downey, who actually tell his real-life kids "I love you tons" shared that his children reply with "I love you 3000" which they adopted. The actor has three kids, and it wasn't clear which one of them he has this exchange, nevertheless, it's obviously an important line to him that's now immortalized in Endgame.

As for the "I love you 3000" line, the phrase is now used online by fans of the MCU who express their love for the franchise, particularly for Downey and Stark. Avengers: Endgame wrapped up the arc of the universe's inaugural hero in such a satisfying way. And while it's bittersweet seeing him die, it's the best send off for the character as it's in the service of everything that he's been through in the last decade. The fact that the dialog has personal meaning to Downey is perhaps one of the reason why the execution of Tony's back-and-forth with Morgan resonated this much to fans.

Was Tony Stark telling us all that he loves us? Was this a message to the fans, the series, and everything that Iron Man helped to build? Who knows? What I do know is that my heart hurts, and I just want to stop crying.

"I love you 3000." These four words broke the hearts of Marvel fans worldwide when Avengers: Endgame released last year. It has since taken a life of its own and become a pop culture phenomenon, spawning endless memes, a viral hit song, and even a promotional tour from Disney.

First spoken by Morgan Stark and later by her father Tony towards the end of the movie after his death, "I love you 3000" became one of the sweetest and most tragic lines in the MCU. As the popularity of the line grew, so did the many theories surrounding it, with speculation emerging that it is, in fact, an Easter Egg. With all of these possible explanations available, what was the real origin of this famous line?

One of the most popular theories regarding the "I love you 3000" line was that it was a reference to the approximate combined runtime of every film of the MCU up through Spider-Man: Far From Home. While this theory certainly SOUNDED good on paper, it was inaccurate. The combined runtime added up to approximately 2,891 minutes. Even with rounding, it's too much of a stretch to say that it is a reference to the length of the MCU.

Just like one of the most heartbreaking moments in Avengers: Infinity War was improvised on set by Tom Holland, Endgame's big tear-jerking line was not even in the script. It was improvised at the suggestion of Robert Downey Jr. himself. While the original script called for "I love you tons," it was later revealed by the writers that "I love you 3000" was actually something that Downey's own children would say to him, and hence was worked into the script.

It was certainly fitting for Downey to be the one to deliver such an iconic and heartfelt farewell to the MCU. Iron Man launched the MCU, and Downey has been in more Marvel films than any other actor besides Samuel L. Jackson. Even if it was not a callback to the previous Marvel films, "I love you 3000" is certainly a line that will stick around in the hearts of Marvel fans for a long time. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page